The Prescott City Council will hold a public meeting Tuesday, July 26, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 201 S. Cortez Street, to accept public and industry comments on proposed structured sober living operational regulations. The meeting agenda can be viewed on the City website by linking from the Calendar item for the meeting.
This public comment session follows a July 12, 2016, Council Workshop presentation that described possible elements of an ordinance. These include the following concepts:
- Development of a "Good Neighbor Policy" and written complaint protocol
- Disclosure to landlord of tenant/operator intent to run a sober-living home
- Requirement for an operation plan that includes resident discharge planning, property maintenance, and noise abatement
- Active participation by residents in legitimate recovery programs, including attendance records
- Training of operators/home managers and 24-hour supervision of the premises
- Secure storage of prescribed medication, which operators can manage but not dispense
Interested parties are encouraged to attend the meeting and provide their comments. Further information is available at bazooka.prescott-az.gov.