At this time we are only accepting online applications. Our Human Resources department will be glad to assist you with any questions that you may have or to verify that your completed application has been received. For more information you can contact us via email, by phone at 928-777-1347, toll-free at 1-800-748-6205, TDD at 928-777-1100, and/or by fax at 928-777-1213.
Major benefits for full-time regular employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Three (3) health insurance plan options to choose from
- Two (2) dental insurance plan options to choose from
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Employer paid life insurance with additional voluntary life available
- Employer paid short term disability
- Arizona State Retirement (ASRS) and long term disability benefits
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement (PSPRS) benefits(if eligible Public Safety position)
- Social Security benefits (non-fire personnel)
The City is self-insured through the Yavapai Combined Trust (YCT) Health Plan for the provision of benefits to our employees and their dependents. The plan utilizes the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona’s preferred provider (PPO) network for discounted provider rates. These benefits are currently in effect and available to full-time employees. The City of Prescott reserves the right to amend, change, or discontinue any of these benefits at any time.
Health benefits begin on the 1st of the month following the first 30 days of employment. For example, if the employee’s first day of employment is July 15, then the first 30 days would end on August 15th and the first of the month following would be September 1. Another example; if a new employee starts March 1, health insurance would start April 1 because the employee would have worked the full 30 days during the 31 days of March, or any month having 31 days.
Want to read more about our benefits?
Need more in-depth information? Below is a list of our vendors.
- BCBS of AZ Dental Provider Search
- BCBS of AZ Medical Provider Search
- Yavapai Combined Trust
- YCT Wellness Group
- Summit Health
- FSA ~ My Benny Card
*All plan documents are subject to change