- City offices were closed as of 12:00 p.m. but calls to the main switchboard will still be answered with limited staff. There will be no collection of payments expected today or Friday and any bills that are due or overdue will be excused until Monday, February 25, 2019.
- City staff has been notified that more people have been venturing out. Road conditions remain extremely hazardous. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DRIVING if at all possible so snow plows can continue to operate and emergency services personnel can respond as needed. All emergency 911 calls are being prioritized and responded to with the appropriate level of resources.
- As of 12:30 p.m. 12 inches of snow has accumulated at City Hall (unofficial).
- The storm has intensified as predicted and snow fall is expected to continue until tomorrow afternoon.
- Public Works currently has 16 plows, 2 graders, and 5 backhoes deployed and are concentrating on the main arterials and major and minor collectors.
- Elks Hill is still open and all attempts will be made to keep it open.
- Cinders are being put down but with continuing snow fall they also continue to get covered up and removed with the snow.
- As of 1 p.m., no City streets have been
closed and no power outages have been reported.
- Prescott Police Department is fully staffed and patrolling.
- All City of Prescott fire stations are fully
staffed and two additional reserve vehicles have been deployed.
- 12 Lifeline Ambulances are servicing the
- All Denver and LA flights have been canceled.
- There will be no scheduled solid waste pickup
- The Prescott Public Library is closed for the day.
- CCJ, US Vets, Salvation Army are providing
emergency shelter for our vulnerable population.
- City Staff will continue to send out updates
approximately every 2 hours.
- Citizens can also check AZ511.com for updates
on road closures.
The City will provide updates like this on a regular basis, throughout the storm.
For other snow plowing information, go to bazooka.prescott-az.gov, click on Snow Plowing for more information.