- City offices were closed as of 12:00 p.m. but
calls to the main switchboard will still be answered with limited staff.
- The Prescott Public Library will be closed
for the day on Friday. As of this
report, City Hall will be open Friday with minimal staffing. There will be no collection of payments
expected today or Friday and any bills that are due or overdue will be excused
until Monday, February 25, 2019.
- As of 3:00 p.m. over 16 inches of snow has accumulated at City Hall (unofficial).
- Snow fall is expected to continue until tomorrow afternoon. The National Weather Service is predicting another 6-11 inches of snow during that time period.
- There will be no Friday trash pick-up. Trash cans should be put out on Monday morning and left out until serviced.
- Public Works currently has 16 plows, 2 graders, and 5 backhoes deployed and are concentrating on the main arterials and major and minor collectors.
- Elks Hill is still open and all attempts will be made to keep it open.
- Cinders are being put down but with continuing snow fall they also continue to get covered up and removed with the snow.
- As of 3 p.m., no City streets have been
closed and no power outages have been reported.
- City staff has been notified that more people
have been venturing out. Road conditions
remain extremely hazardous. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DRIVING if at all possible so
snow plows can continue to operate and emergency services personnel can respond
as needed. All emergency 911 calls are
being prioritized and responded to with the appropriate level of resources.
- Prescott Police Department is fully staffed and patrolling.
- All City of Prescott fire stations are fully
staffed and two additional reserve vehicles have been deployed.
- 12 Lifeline Ambulances are servicing the
- All Denver and LA flights have been canceled.
- CCJ, US Vets, and Salvation Army are
providing emergency shelter for our vulnerable population.
- City Staff will continue to send out updates
approximately every 2 hours.
- Citizens can also check AZ511.com for updates on road closures.
The City will provide updates like this on a regular basis, throughout the storm.
For other snow plowing information, go to bazooka.prescott-az.gov, click on Snow Plowing for more information.