In an effort to help City of Prescott residents increase defensible space, the of Prescott Solid Waste Division will offer a free residential brush drop-off event four Saturdays in the month of June (June 2 , June 9, June 16, June 23, & June 30 ) from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Transfer Station.
Please weigh in all brush/slash that is brought in through the Fee Booth. This will help the Solid Waste Division track the amount of material that is brought in. Be prepared to show proof of residency at the fee booth in the form of a driver’s license or utility bill.
Here are some other important points:
- • This free collection event is for City of Prescott residential customers who receive our Solid Waste Services only. Commercial haulers will still need to pay a fee for disposing of brush/slash.
- • Please do not bag the brush/slash.Do not place trash in the brush/slash.No processed wood products. Loads that contain contaminants will be charged full price as solid waste.
- • Please remember to contain and cover all loads that are being brought in.
- • Citizens can receive a matching grant up to $500 from the City of Prescott for “fuels mitigation” around their homes. To learn more or to register, go to http://bazooka.prescott-az.gov/fuel-mitigation-grant/
- • Chain saws are allowed with a spark arrestor, water or fire extinguisher and a fire watch.
The City of Prescott Transfer Station is located at 2800 Sundog Rand Road. For further information, contact the City of Prescott Transfer Station at 928-777-1116.