The City of Prescott provides blue recycling containers for each household with a green trash container. All recyclable material must be placed in the container. Please do not bag the recyclable material. These materials will be collected once a week on the same day regular trash collection is scheduled. For easier identification and collection, place the container at the regular collection point with a minimum of 3 feet between the trash container and the recycle container. Please wait until your recycle container is nearly full before placing it out for collection. If you have questions or comments regarding recycling, please contact us at 928-777-1116.
What Can I Recycle?
- Food Boxes
- Beverage Cans
- Food Cans
- Glass Bottles
- Jars(glass & plastic)
- Plastic Bottles(Plastics #1 and #2 only)
Please do not bag recyclable materials.
What Can’t I Recycle?
- Paperback or hardbound books
- Grass, yard and/or food waste
- Plastic bags
- Unrecyclable caps and lids
- Medical tubes
Used Motor Oil and Antifreeze Drop-Off Site
The Transfer Station operates a site for the disposal of motor oil drained from residential cars or pickups. Up to five gallons at a time may be brought to the Transfer Station at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road. There is no fee for this service.
What Can I Do With Old Appliances?
For a $5.00 fee, appliances such as washers, dryers, hot water heaters, and stoves are accepted and recycled. Refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers are not accepted at the transfer station unless, it is accompanied by invoice from the licensed professional who completed the evacuation stating all CFC’s(refrigerants) have been evacuated. We accept analog televisions for $10.00 per unit.
Please call the Transfer Station at 928-777-1116 for details.
What Can I Do With Batteries?
- Household alkaline batteries no longer contain hazardous materials and may be thrown away in the garbage. Please choose rechargeable batteries whenever possible.
- Rechargable batteries– Most battery retailers in the tri-city area will recycle rechargable batteries. Please refer to the yellow pages under “Batteries-Retail” for a current listing.
- Vehicle batteries cannot be disposed of in the garbage. Please call an auto parts store or battery retailer for diposal options.