The City of Prescott participated in National Travel and Tourism Week May 1-7. A new effort to recognize exceptional service the tourism industry was added this year – the Customer Service Award nominations.
During National Travel & Tourism Week, visitors and locals were encouraged to nominate employees, co-workers, and industry professionals for their extraordinary service. Nominations were accepted via email and social media. The following nominations were submitted:
- Dawn Wasowicz, Charity Huard, Vicky Williams, LouAnn Madasz, and Dana McCready of Olive U Naturally.
- Jennifer Dewees, Corporate Sales Manager, Ponderosa Hotel Management (Residence Inn/SpringHill Suites/Quality Inn)
- Alison White, Hassayampa Inn Peacock Dining Room
- Savannah McReynolds, Bailee Petrovsky, Stephanie White of the Plaza View Ballroom
- Deborah Maranville, Sales & Marketing Director, Plaza View Ballroom
- Ray Rivera, General Manager, Grand Highland Hotel & Holiday Courtyard
- Holli Maurer, Vice President of Operations, Prescott Marriott Hotels
- Ellen Petrucci, Kitchen and Catering Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott
- Sadie Ragans, Sales Coordinator, Ponderosa Hotel Management
All nominees will be recognized and awards will be given at the Tuesday, May 17 Regular City Council meeting, scheduled at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 201 S. Cortez.
National Travel & Tourism Week, Arizona Travel & Tourism Week are annual campaigns. In 2017, the City of Prescott will offer category nominations for the Customer Service Awards. For more information visit the Arizona Office of Tourism website for complete updates, statistics, reports, and Travel & Tourism Week details.